Saturday, December 20, 2008

Friendship Is Magical

Nothing beats having after-work dinner and drinks with the girlfriend. Drinks were excellent. The conversation was hilarious. The evening was accompanied by the soothing vocals of American blues and jazz singer Sylvia Howard.

Christmas songs should be sung this way. Not blaring out of commercial speakers with horrendous singing. I'm not a total indie kid okay. I like old songs too. Like this one- 'Pretty Ribbon'. And a not-so-old 'Summer Breeze'. Besides the usual jazz standards, Sylvia Howard did one of my old favorites- 'Love Letters' so beautifully.

The girlfriend bought me a bear! A medium-sized plush bear!!! I love it! I was on the look-out for another bear. I nearly bought one the other night at Esplanade mall. But I was rushing for a play and didn't want to buy a bear in haste. I really didn't know how the girlfriend knew. But she did. I decided that a bear as cute as this should not be squashed in the bag. So I took him out to join us. I really love nights like this.

2 comments:

sinlady said...

"pretty ribbon"??? okok, it is a sweet song.

imp said...

sinlady: heheheheh.