Wednesday, August 16, 2017

A Hello Kitty Detangler


Stared at the detangler comb and grimaced. Yes, that's definitely a Hello Kitty print on it. At least it's in black and white. The BFF has it in Hello Kitty pink and white. The hair salon had included them in the welcome gift pack for us when they shifted to a new location. The hairstylist took pains to point out that these Tangle Teezers are the hottest detanglers in the market now. Okaaay. Not that I care, but I suppose she wanted us to know that these combs hold some sort of value.

Up to two weeks ago, I didn't have a travel comb. Had a super sturdy foldable one that lasted for years. When it finally broke in January, I replaced it with a disposable, thinking to hunt for a sturdier one at leisure. Clearly procrastination took over, and a new replacement was never bought. Now that I'm hitting the gym often and showering there, I do need a comb. The disposable is unable to smooth out knots without breaking many strands of hair. A detangler is great because I don't use conditioner.

I was more concerned about whether this Tangle Teezer works on wet hair. So far, it seems to be doing its job. It's nifty. I quite like it, so I try to ignore the print. Hehehe. I don't exactly own many things in Hello Kitty. Whatever I had, they've all been thrown out. It seems as though the cat-with-no-mouth is coming back into my drawers and wardrobe. 🙄

This Tangle Teezer 'Compact Styler' works great; the cover protects the bristles, making it super convenient to carry around. But it's a tad bulky! These £11/£12.50 detangler combs are supposedly designed, manufactured and made in Great Britain. Frankly, I wouldn't pay S$35 for it at the local Sephora. BUT, looking at how it's done, I don't doubt that Taobao retailers have already gotten into action to manufacture cheaper knock-offs which in all likelihood will work just as well.

4 comments:

b.muse said...

HAHA, I saw this exact one in Boots while in the UK! This mouthless cat is taking over the world man. :D

Never thought I'd see it on you, but yup it works really well, and at least it's black and white! I have a no-print one that I can trade you but it's hot pink and black. Heeheehee. ;)

imp said...

Ahahahaha. Why you never buy the Kitty! The salon brought in all prints as door gifts. Ugh. No plain ones. Grrrrr.

Naaah it's got all my dead skin cells on it already. I got eczema. Dunwan to trade with you already, Heheheheh.

jo said...

Aiyerrrr. I forgot to ask you to show me the kitty in your bag just now.

imp said...

Eiyerrr. Luckily today i didn't have to shower at the gym. = NO KITTY. Muahahahahaha.