Thursday, October 12, 2017

Easy Travel Shoes


I'm totally on the bandwagon for Anothersole shoes. They're right up my alley- full rubber soles to roll over gravel and grime, and comfortable to wear all day, withstanding a ton of walking. I'm not a sneakers girl. Converse, Vans, Adidas and Nike hurt my feet so badly that I don't ever want to buy anything from these brands again. Vibrams FiveFingers are my preferred footwear for running and at gym classes.

Importantly the price points of Anothersole work for me. I'm a rough user of bags and shoes, watches and everything. I’m not fussed about being fashionable or owning delicate stuff. It's too much hassle. Things need to be practical. I've no qualms wearing shoes into all sorts of mud, dust, rain or into ankle-deep water (like Bangkok's flash floods). Unfortunately this pair of gold Anothersole have to be thrown away in Bangkok. I've had them for about three months now. They were soaked many times, and because these aren't solid boots, unsurprisingly, I've managed to rip their seams too. :P Nope, I didn't bother to go shopping in Bangkok. Not in the mood. The city's got a disgusting volume of malls and markets that I'm in a hurry to get away from.

It's okay, I ordered another pair in gold that has been delivered and was waiting for me at home even before I got back. I've also bought many other colors from the same brand. Oof. 😁 Yes, I'm boring this way. Whenever I manage to find reasonably-priced shoes that are kind to my bunions, I buy them in bulk. Anothersole closed-toe lace-ups do rather well to meet my needs for both casual and dressy days.

2 comments:

D said...

I checked out website and wow, the leather looks so soft!!! Wish I can wear them! But unfortunately, I can't wear shoes like that anymore. I need shoes with more support for the feet. *sigh* Your feet must have very well developed muscles, and strong enough for you to be able to wear Vibram to work out! 👍

imp said...

your toes are still recovering- they definitely need more space when it comes to shoes for now.

i've got huge bunions and a high arch on each foot!